Despite having to view things from the wrong side of the Atlantic Ocean it seems that CES2015 is its usual self – full of bluff, bluster and bombastic rhetoric! Oh and a few new product launches as well! So in an attempt to bring the conversation back this side of the pond I’ve come up what I believe is the perfect solution!
If you were to take the best bits from this lot, starting with my existing
Rolex as the starting point and encapsulating the concept that the Simband most effectively sets out you’d end up with a replacement strap which delivers it all!
- Samsung Simband – Total concept
- Rolex – Telling the time
- Cicret – Wow factor
- Martian Watches – Contextual Vibrations
- Lenovo – e-ink style screen
- Asus Zenwatch – It’s a looker!
- Pebble – Lowest weight
- Misfit Shine – “Insane” battery life
- Nymi Band – Authentication
- Microsoft Band & Reign by Jaybird – Actionable alerts
- Kairos & Mont Blanc – Strap for existing watches
- GoBe – Calorie counting
- Amiigo – Monitoring heart rate/pulse OX/etc
- Android/iOS OS – covers off notifications/bluetooth syncing with my One Plus phone/calendar and other apps/voice
- Oh and it needs to be fully shockproof and waterproof
Naturally I’ll want it to learn about my normal “biometric” behaviour as it monitors me so it can identify anything “abnormal” and then warn me about it!
It will also be required , via the back end of the service, to provide me with those actionable alerts – not to mention the reason why I need to act upon them – and of course praise when it’s deserved – sorry when I deserve it 🙂